My collection of tales, recipes, and adventures as I create and eat various foods in my wide array (and often changing) of specific diets

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Protein for the Week

 mmmm chicken.  gosh this little guy was a hassle.  My fridge is too cold so it wasn't completely thawed.  And I bought a bird with the wax paper bag of guts in side it.  Well that was frozen inside.  So I just said "screw it" and left it in.  And then, as I was cooking, the fire alarm went off.  I thought "oh god, I set off the whole building!" turns out it was just a drill but I was so paranoid.  I finished cooking and then took the bag out.  And with it came a flood of pink juice.  So I put the bird back in for another 30 minutes.  Still I thought I saw pink when I carved off a leg.  Turns out the bird was just full of veins.
But was it dry? you might ask.  No!  I make a habit of making a compound butter (a stick of soft butter mixed with herbs and spices) and massaging the chicken and shoving butter under the skin and usually inside the cavity if the bird is thawed properly lol.  So I had that with some frozen french cut green beans and vegan butter last night it was delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment