My collection of tales, recipes, and adventures as I create and eat various foods in my wide array (and often changing) of specific diets

Monday, February 27, 2012

Problems (TMI on digestive symptoms)

As most of you know, Crohn's is all about the digestive system.  And all the lovely things that come with it.

After my year of high dose Prednisone, (60mg for over 3 months) I went from more than 10 BM's a day to less than 3 a week.  So I bought some enema kits lately because I just hate waiting on miralax.  And then I had a bad weekend.  Alcohol (pear cider, wine), gluten in the form of pancakes and muffins, anxiety from new medication, nausea and fatigue from new meds.  My digestion is just a mess.  And now I'm getting headaches.

I made the mistake of buying commercial cereal (rice chex) and that has been my "binge" food (I struggle with some disordered eating coping skills) and my main food lately which is probably not a good idea.  I was going to make rice and lamb in acorn squash tonight but I'm just not hungry.  So tea and a hot bath and early to bed is the plan for tonight.

I did however, make tuna salad for lunch with homemade yogurt and it was just like using ranch dressing.  And my lacto-fermented cucumbers are coming along nicely :) which I am excited about because I loooove pickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment